We’re dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Our vision is to create and maintain an equitable work environment where our employees feel safe, respected, and empowered to reach their full potential while staying true to themselves.
As one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, we’re committed to Indigenous reconciliation and collaboration among all underrepresented groups. Doing this improves performance and propels us towards reaching shared goals.
Areas of Focus and Priorities
We plan to build on the progress we’ve made, while pursuing new directions. Focusing on Our People, Our Partnerships and Our Culture will ensure further growth and development of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- To increase the diversity of our workforce, we actively support employees in growing their careers and reaching their full potential.
- Advance women in Trades
- Advance women in leadership
- Increase equity representation
- To ensure long-term business success, we focus on building strong partnerships both internally and externally.
- Within these relationships we promote the value of diversity and ensure our practices are inclusive.
- Strengthen internal and external partnerships
- To leverage the full talents of our workforce, we focus on creating the right environment for people to excel and live up to their full potential.
- Consistently demonstrate inclusive behaviours and language
- Promote diversity and inclusion by offering training and development opportunities
Our Employee Resource Groups
We have 6 Employee Resource Groups. They complement the organization’s objectives in creating a culture of growth and inclusion. The groups strive to make meaningful impacts by providing supportive environments.
Indigenous Employees Network (IEN)
The IEN provides a collective voice and a safe and respectful environment for Indigenous employees. This network opens doors for support and guidance and promotes opportunities for Indigenous peoples within the company. It also plays a key role in building a progressive community.
The Pride employee resource group raises awareness of the lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, queer, two-spirited (LGBTQ2S+) community within the company and provides support for the LGBTQ2S+ employees and their families. It also fosters a safe space for individuals to be their authentic and true selves at work.
Network for Employees with Disabilities (NED)
The NED advises on ways to improve the recruitment and retention of persons with disabilities, improves experiences for employees with accessibility issues and promotes career development opportunities.
Cultural Diversity Group (CDG)
The CDG provides a voice and support for culturally diverse employees. It also promotes a workplace of respect and equality where discrimination and harassment are not tolerated.
Women’s Resource Group (WRG)
The WRG encourages the equitable participation of women in under-represented occupations and leadership roles. It also helps assist women in achieving their full career potential.
The PowerGen aims to shape the next generation of leaders. It creates opportunities by connecting employees and promoting personal and professional development.